You’ve seen the headline, how to dry dishes with no counter space. This post is mainly concerned to those with a small kitchen and close to no counter space in their kitchen.
This is bestdishrack.com and I can assure you that you’re at the right place as I will guide you through on how to dry dishes with no counter space.
How to dry dishes with no counter space
There are three methods which you can use to dry dishes with counter space and they are listed below.
- Using a dish towel
- Using an in sink dish rack
- Using a rollup dry rack
These three methods doesn’t require a countertop or probably a counter space and very recommendable to those with a small small kitchen.
1. By using a dish towel
One of the oldest method used in drying dishes is the dish towel or kitchen as may call it. Some number of persons up to date still make use of the dish towel in drying their washed dishes.
For me, i don’t really fancy this at all though it is quite helpful for those looking for how to dry dishes with no counter space.
Using a dish towel in drying dishes requires you to get a good quality dish towel and preferably a white or light color in order to maintain a good hygiene.
To dry your dishes after washing them, get a yourself a good quality dish towel, after washing your dishes use the dishes towel to dry them up and put them into the kitchen cabinet.
This is one of the method to dry dishes with no counter space.
There are good quality dish towels in the market or online stores like Amazon, eBay, target, and some of them include the followings.
1. Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels
Soft Absorbent Dish Towel
- Set includes 12 cotton dish towels with six black and six white dobby weave style kitchen towels measuring 15 x 25 inches
- Woven with 100% ring spun cotton making these towels durable and strong for all household chores
- Made from natural materials and free from harmful chemicals or synthetic materials, safe for you & your family
- Do not use bleach, fabric softeners, and iron as it may damage its quality; always wash the towels separately to minimize lint
- Machine wash the towels in warm water using mild detergent and tumble dry on low; recommended to dry immediately
Brand: Utopia Towels
Dimension: 13 x 7.6 x 3.4 inches
Weight: 2.0 pounds
Fabric Type: Cotton
Material Care Instructions: Machine Wash
Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels is one of the best kitchen towel to go for if you’re looking for how to dry dishes with no counter space and by using a dish towel. Very soft and absorbent, and pretty much easy to clean.
The Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels is made of a cotton fabric material and I love the fact that the towel is soft and absorb water which is one essential feature to look out while buying a dish towel.
How to dry dishes with no counter space, kindly get yourself a dish towel.
2. COTTON CRAFT Euro Café
Large Terrycloth dish towel
- SET CONTENTS: Each set includes eight (8) COTTON CRAFT Waffle Weave Kitchen Towels, each measuring 16 inches by 28 inches (16"x28")
- STYLISH & FUNCTIONAL: Keep COTTON CRAFT's kitchen towels handy in your home for washing, drying and tackling any kitchen messes
- GOURMET DECOR: Enhance your kitchen with the professional-grade quality of our Euro Cafe towels
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Go green and replace your single-use paper towels with 100% pure cotton kitchen towels, made from all-natural fibers
- EASY CARE: All COTTON CRAFT kitchen and tea towels are 100% machine washable and dryer safe for easy cleanup after cooking
Brand: Orient Originals Inc.
Dimension: 14.49 x 8.5 x 3.5 inches
Weight: 1.96 pounds
Fabric Type: Terrycloth
Terrycloth Cotton Craft Euro Café dish towel is another good quality kitchen towel to dry dishes, and I love the fact that the color is white. With this you can easily detect when the towel gets dirty.
The Terrycloth Cotton Craft Euro Café dish towel is a high quality milled cotton that’s light, soft, very absorbent and easy to clean. One of the best dish towel to dry dishes.
I recommend this kitchen towel to you if you’re looking for how to dry dishes with no counter space using a dish towel and the best part is they don’t shrink after washing.
How to dry dishes with no counter space, COTTON CRAFT Euro Café is a good choice to make.
2. By using an in sink dish rack
Another method on how to dry dishes with no counter space is by using an in sink dish rack. A typical example of an in sink dish rack is below.
In sink dish rack is a type of dish rack that is small in size, suitable for those with a small kitchen or no counter space. To air dry your dishes, using an in sink dish rack is very commendable especially as it doesn’t occupy space in the kitchen.
This is why it is always recommended to those looking for how to dry dishes with no counter space.
To use the in sink dish rack to dry your dishes after washing, you have to get one for yourself. After you’re done washing your dishes, put them into the in sink dish drying rack and place the dish rack into the sink.
As the name suggests, you only have to place the in sink dish rack into the sink unless you want to use it with a drip tray or a drying mat.
Just like the dish towel, there are lots of in sink dish racks, however, some of them include the followings.
1. KESOL Store in sink dish rack
Rustproof Dish Rack
- ➤MEASURE YOUR SINK TO SURE THE RACK CAN FIT. This rack itself is 14" L x 10.2" W x 4.7" H(refer to image#2), two handles fully pull out to 19" length. If you use it over the sink or in the sink, make sure your sink is larger than dish rack, sink Length SHOULD be greater than 14" and less than 18.5".
- ➤PREMIUM MATERIAL - Made of Top SUS304 STAINLESS STEEL. Unlike chrome finished material, food grade SUS304 stainless steel eliminates rust, corrosion, acids and alkali damages to ensure long lasting durability. If any rust occurs in the product within 5 years, we will send you a replacement free, no return required
- ➤SPACE SAVER and Utensil Holder- With adjustable bars fits over the sink, on countertop or in the sink, it takes up only a fraction of the space. Non slip extendable rubber arms keep the rack not fall down into the sink and four rubber-coated feet to protect your sink and counter from scratching perfectly
- ➤FUNCTIONAL DESIGN - Multiple functions to hold plates and cups, wash pots/pans/knives by hand, dry or rinsing vegetables and fruit. Easy to store, clean and simple to use
- ➤We provide Quality Service by 5 years. When you have any quality issue, please contact us.
Brand: KESO HOME
Dimension: 14 x 10.2 x 4.5 inches
Weight: 1.7 pounds
Body Type: stainless steel
KESO HOME in sink dish rack is one of the best dish drainer in the market, made of a rustproof stainless steel body.
The in sink dish rack is a three in one just like any other in sink dish rack, that is to say that it can be used as an in sink dish drying rack, expandable over the sink and a countertop dish drying rack. To use the rack as a countertop dish drainer, you need to get a drain board or a drying mat.
Generally, the in sink dish rack is lightweight and very small in size, suitable for just a single person or a maximum of two.
How to dry dishes with no counter space?
Get yourself an in sink dish rack and probably this very KESO Home dish drainer. I love the fact that the manufacturer added an utensil holder on this rack, some in sink dish rack lacks the utensil holder.
There’s a nonslip rubber feet which prevents the rack from sliding if you’re using it as a countertop dish drying rack. With the expandable arms, you can use KESO Home in sink dish rack as an over the sink dish drainer as well.
How to dry dishes with no counter space?
Simply get yourself an in sink dish rack and you’re good to go.
2. iPEGTOP Expandable Deep Large Dish Drying Rack
Large in sink dish rack
- ✔ 3-in-1 FUNCTION - This dish drying rack expands for use on the counter, in the sink or over the sink. Non slip extendable rubber arms and feet protects the counter and sink from scratches.
- ✔ HIGH-CAPACITY STORAGE - Much deeper to holds up to 10 plates and dishes better, detachable stainless steel silverware holder is suitable for knives\cutter\forks\spoon\cutter. Drains and dries utensil, mugs, cups, vegetable and fruits in the basket.
- ✔ SUPERIOR QUALITY - Made from sturdy bold Stainless Steel ensure long lasting durability. Non slip extendable rubber arms and feet protects the counter and sink from scratches.
- ✔ EXTENDABLE & SUITABLE for Different Size Sink - The unit (collapsed) measures 15.8"(40cm) L x 11.8" (30cm) W x 5.1"(13cm) H, expands from 15.8" to 22" wide to make it handy to place over a larger sink, fit your sink which is 16 to 22 inches width.
- ✔ METAL UTENSIL HOLDER - All-Mesh design silverware holder, to make your utensils stay in the basket, not slip out any more. Let this dish drainer rack more fits your kitchen sink or cupboard.
Dimension: 16.26 x 11.85 x 5.28 inches
Weight: 2.07 pounds
Body Type: stainless steel
iPEGTOP expandable deep large dish drying rack is the largest in sink dish rack so far, with 16.26 x 11.85 x 5.28 inches tells you that the rack is large compared to any other in sink dish drainer.
Please bear in mind that I said largest in sink dish rack and not largest dish rack cause when you compare it with over the sink dish racks, countertop dish drying rack, iPEGTOP expandable dish drainer is way too small.
However, for an in sink dish rack, it is bigger and lot better especially with the expandable arms.
iPEGTOP dish rack offers three functions to the user, and that is the rack can be used as an over the sink, in sink and on the countertop. Whichever you prefer, you use it like thar but bear in mind that using it as a countertop will require a drain board or a drying mat.
By using an in sink dish rack is one of the methods on how to dry dishes with no counter space.
How to dry dishes with no counter space, iPEGTOP expandable deep large dish drying rack is pretty much good for your need.
3. By Using A Rollup Dish Rack
The last and my best method on how to dry dishes with no counter space is by using a rollup dish drying rack or drying rack cause it isn’t only meant for dishes.
A rollup dish rack is one of the best kitchen rack if you don’t want to go for a dish rack that will ocuppy space in your kitchen. One of the best part is that you can use the dishwasher to clean the rollup dish rack.
Below is a typical example of a rollup drying rack I’m talking about.
As you can see, it suits your demand on the best way to dry dishes with no counter space.
The rollup dish rack is made of stainless steel body and a silicone attached at each end of the rack which helps the rack to stick to sink and not to slip or slid. This is just like the non-slip rubber feet on over the sink or countertop dish racks.
You can use it to dry anything in your kitchen be it dishes, pots and pans, cutlery, fruits and vegetables, etc. It doesn’t end here. Rollup dish rack are also used in defrosting fish or meat, Collings off hot snacks and sauce.
I know you maybe surprised at Collings off hot snacks and sauce by placing a hot pot or pan on top of the drying rack. First, I want you to know that all rollup drying rack are heat resistant and that is to say that they don’t heat up even when you place hot pot on it.
This is to say that you can use the rollup dish rack in your oven or even to grill meat. It won’t heat up or even if it does heat up, it won’t be hot.
I hundred percent recommend this to you as as one of the best method to dry dishes with no counter space.
Some of the best rollup dish rack includes the followings;
1. Surpahs Multipurpose Roll-Up Dish Drying Rack
Large rollup dish rack
- Large Size, 20.5 x 13.1 inches, works for over sink up to 19.5 inches width. High-end quality, made of FDA food safe grade silicone wrapped stiff metal steel rods.
- Resistant to rust, non-slip, durable, glassware friendly, and sturdier than stainless steel racks. Oil-resistant, very easy to clean. Collapsible, and rolls up for easy storage. Welcome to compare.
- Heat resistant up to 400°F (204°C), BPA-Free, Can be used as heat resistant trivet mat on countertop. Dishwasher Safe.
- Warm Gray color makes you a cozy, natural, and sophisticated feel, perfectly matches popular trendy kitchen painting color themes.
- Measurement: 20-1/2"L x 13-1/8"W x 1/4"H (52 cm x 33.3 cm x 0.6 cm). Full LIFETIME WARRANTY from the Authentic Surpahs product. 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Dimension: 20.5 x 13 x 0.3 inches
Weight: 2.3 pounds
Body Type: stainless steel / silicone
Surpahs is one of my best rollup dish rack and for the fact that the rack is multifunctional, that is to say that you can use it for anything in your kitchen and not just to dry dishes.
This very Surpahs over the sink rollup dish rack is very large in size and will fit any type of sink even if the sink is not a standard sink. The rack is resistant to rust, non-slip, durable, glassware friendly, oil-resistant, sturdy and very easy to clean.
This is the only dish drying rack that you can use a dishwasher to clean and store it inside your kitchen cabinet when you’re done with the rack.
According to the manufacturer, Surpahs rollup dish rack is heat resistant and up to 400°F (204°C), BPA-Free, can be used as heat resistant trivet mat on countertop incase you want to coll off some hot sauce or snacks.
Going back to the question on how to dry dishes with no counter space, I absolutely recommend this Surpahs Multipurpose Roll-Up Dish Drying Rack to you.
2. MEYONER Roll Up Dish Drying Rack
Rollup dish rack with utensil holder
- 【STURDY & RUSTPROOF】: Made of 304 stainless steel and BPA-free food safe silicone edges with integrated design. Over the sink drying rack is very solid, sturdy and resistant to rust. 17.5"L x10.8"W (44.5 x 27.5 cm), please kindly check your sink size before purchasing
- 【FOLDABLE DESIGN】: Kitchen roll up drying rack unrolls above an open sink for air-drying washed dishes, vegetable and fruit. Dish drainer is foldable and can keeps our kitchen sink area looking neat, you can also fold it up to different sizes. It‘s one of the best drainers for kitchen counters
- 【MULTIPURPOSE】: For water drain and storage purposes. Multipurpose roll up drain rack can be used for air-drying washed bowls, pot, fry pans, tableware, cookware, cutlery and so on. Thaw frozen foods, cool baked goods. Save valuable countertop space and avoid water stains on surface areas
- 【ADJUSTABLE SIZE & SAVE SPACE】: Large dish drying rack can be cut into different sizes according to your needs and stainless steel tube pipes are detachable. This dish drainer can roll up and go in a drawer or cabinet quickly when not in use. The tube can be easily removed from the silicone rims, so the dishrack can be cleaned thoroughly
- 【HEAT RESISTANT】: Collapsible dish rack with food safe grade silicone coated is able to resist the temperature of 500°F and load of 50 lb. It can not only drain dishes, but also put a hot and heavy casserole on top. Dishwasher safe
Dimension: 17.87 x 4.84 x 3.31 inches
Weight: 1.2 pounds
Body Type: stainless steel / silicone
Recently I noticed that some number of manufacturers are adding a utensil holder to their rollup dish rack and I really love it. Though they are not deep enough compared to the other types of dish racks.
MEYONER rollup dish rack is multifunctional and like I said, all rollup drying racks are multifunctional. The rack is made of 304 stainless steel and BPA-free food safe silicone edges with integrated design.
According to the manufacturer, MEYONER rollup dish rack is heat resistant and up to temperature of 500°F. No matter how hot your sauce pan or pot is, this very MEYONER rollup dish rack won’t get heated up.
How to dry dishes with no counter space?
Get yourself this rollup dish rack.
This is the last dish rack I have for you on the best counter space dish drying rack or the best rack to dry dishes with no counter space.
- 16 Best space saving dish drying rack
- Best 10 countertop dish drying rack buying guide
- 15 best dish rack for kitchen in 2021
These are the best method on how to dry dishes with no counter space and if you asked me which one to go for, I will recommend the rollup dish rack and the in sink dish rack. I’m not a fan of using a dish towel to dry my dishes especially if there are lots of dishes to dry.
If you have a dishwasher, you can as well use it in drying your dishes but bear in mind that it will consume enough power. For air drying your dishes, use a dish drying rack.
This is where i round it up on how to dry dishes with no counter space, your suggestions are welcomed and please don’t forget to share this post thanks.